Sunday, October 24, 2010

God's Stars

Last week God gave me as amazing memory with my grandkids, Caleb and Abby. While the rest of the family slept, God blessed the three of us with the gift of morningtime. It was still dark out when I gathered blankets, apple juice and a sippy cup full of milk to accompany us on the back porch glider.

As we cuddled, Caleb pointed out in the darkened sky that there appeared three twinkling stars. The sun had had yet dawned and these stars still shone brightly. Shortly after this, the sun begin to make it's appearance and as the sky turned white. Then we noticed the stars had begun to fade and could no longer be seen as brightly as before, even though they were still there. As God began a new day with all it's glorious possibilities, the Son's brillance shone with such power and majesty that the stars were no longer visible. I thought of my life and how I had been born, "for such a time as this" so that God might use a twinkling star to shine for Him for a time.

He counts the number of the stars, He give names to all of them. Great is our Lord, and abundant in strength, His understanding is infinite." Psalms 147:4-5

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm! I love that picture! God Bless your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing such a neat blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scott and I have been praying for you and for the entire family. Thank you for the example that you've set not just in your suffering but from your entire life! Love in Christ, Sharlain

    ReplyDelete