Wednesday, November 17, 2010


Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you so much for your continued prayer for myself and my family. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, “The Lord’s loving kindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Thy faithfulness”. In our bedroom I have a plant that has been covered with little white flowers until recently when many of them have died off. Today while I pulled off the dead flowers, I noticed there was a refreshing desert-like fragrance released from them. This reminded me of John 12:24, “Unless a grain of wheat dies, it remains alone but when it dies it bears much fruit.”

It has been nine weeks now since my terminal diagnosis of cancer was given. The last few months there has been a blessed time in God’s presence to reflect and rest in the love of family and friends. Physically I feel my outer body is deteriorating, death is the only way we ultimately get to be with our Father, emotionally, there are good and bad days as I am still human but most importantly spiritually I am doing so well. It is only though our inner spirit that we can truly worship the Father and within His Holy Spirit we soar. His mercies are new every morning, great is His faithfulness as I rest in the shadow of His wings, yes I am well.

Yesterday in two different readings God reminded me of His hope through II Corinthians 4: 7-10, “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the surpassing greatness of the power may be of God and not from ourselves. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed, perplexed, but not despairing, persecuted, but not forsaken, struck down, but not destroyed, always carrying about in the body the dying of Jesus, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.” What this scripture says to me is that no matter the situation life has handed us, God can use each remaining day to display His power in us and to proclaim Christ’s victory over death to our world. This I am seeking each day in God’s strength.

In His Love,

Cyndi

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! May God richly bless you even more now than before!

    ReplyDelete