Friday, November 26, 2010

Letting Go and Letting God

Today, I told my mom it is okay for her to die. I have been hoping and praying that she will be here for one last Christmas. But as I have seen the intense pain and suffering that she is enduring, I realized that that hope is selfish. I realized that I need to be hoping and praying that her pain will end soon, whether it is by healing here on earth or by God’s healing hand taking her home. Although, it hurt to tell her it is okay for her to let go, I actually felt an intense wave of peace and calm come over me as we were talking. I know that God is here with us throughout this journey and know that whenever He chooses to take my sweet mom home, He will continue to provide peace and comfort for us all.
 “There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

5 comments:

  1. Please know that we continue to lift each one of you up in prayer! Rick and Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you and all the family, Katie. Our prayer has been that she will be well enough to enjoy Christmas with her family but we know "our times are in His hands".

    ReplyDelete
  3. "O Lord, be gracious to us;
    we long for you.
    Be our strength every morning,
    our salvation in time of distress."
    Isaiah 33:2

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pace family,
    Your family is in my prayers everyday! I've been thinking about your family a lot!
    Jayme Wrolstad

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your family are in my prayers. I know how your heart aches, as it wasn't long ago my brother went home. God will continue to give you what you need, as you need it. Know how fervently I pray for you--I love you, Katie.

    ReplyDelete