Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grammy meets little Cub

Last week, Caleb, Jon, my mom, and I got to go to an ultrasound place to see Baby Capron #3 (who Caleb has affectionately named "Cub"). I was only 11 weeks pregnant, and little Cub was about 1 1/2 inches long. It was amazing to see the development of this little being and to imagine all of the intricate details present in so small a baby. My favorite part was seeing that he/she already has a full bladder. I guess that I already have the mothering spirit for this baby.... only a mom could be so proud of her baby for having urine in its bladder! The ultrasound tech thought that there may be signs of the baby being a boy but wouldn't call it this early. Caleb is quite convinced that Cub is a boy, but we will have to wait around 6 more weeks to find out. Girl or boy, it was great fun to get to see our Cub and to get to have Grammy there for this special time!

Profile of face and bodyFoot and full bladder (dark circle shape near stomach)Baby's fist held up to his/her mouth

2 comments: