Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Flowers in the Desert

I planted these flowers in our backyard a few months ago. They provided some beauty for a short time but I have two very destructive Siberian Husky dogs that really enjoyed eating the plant and the soil around it. So about a month ago, I gave up on repotting it (which was a daily occurrence) and just stopped watering it all together. The dogs took this as the go ahead and proceeded to eat most of the remaining soil and plant. I assumed the plant was dead but while I was outside yesterday, I happened to look into the pot and was shocked to find several little pink flowers. These sweet, beautiful flowers brought a smile to my face and reminded me of God's promises to us. No matter what pain and hardships we endure, in the end He will bring us happiness and the flowers will bloom once again. Even when we have all but given up, He turns this pain and hardship into something beautiful. I know that although we have sadness and heartache for a time, our spring will come and we will once again have something beautiful to smile about.

"He has made everything beautiful in His time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end." Ecclesiastes 3:11

3 comments:

  1. I love that you share the deep thoughts that God is teaching you! Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sweet daughter for reminding me every day of God's provision in our situation. "Unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit." John 12:24

    ReplyDelete
  3. The depth God's grace is so beautiful in you, Katie. I love you!

    ReplyDelete