Sunday, December 19, 2010

Faith and God's timing

Today we were blessed to have sweet friend of the family come to care for mom this morning so we could all go to church together. We went to Sagebrush and the pastor, Todd preached a sermon that really felt it was just for us! He talked about how God answers prayers in three ways: 1. Yes, 2. No, and 3. Wait. This is again a principle I have been taught since I was a small child, but once again God taught me something! Obviously we are in a waiting period right now. Todd talked about how when God tells us to wait, it's because He has a big picture view and He has something even more wonderful planned. This was just so encouraging! We are waiting for God's timing....His perfect timing for sweet mom to go home to be with Him. He sees it ALL!! He knows every little detail and has a perfect plan. He loves our family so very much that He planned out this period of our lives to bring Him glory, how encouraging! This brought me His peace once again! Todd also talked about how when Christ was about to sacrifice His life on the cross for our salvation, He asked God that if there was any other way to bring about our salvation. (Even in this request, Christ still desired for God's will, not his own). Luke 22:42 And God's answer was No. God allowed for the pain and suffering of Christ to occur to bring about the most precious gift we could ever receive....our freedom in Christ, our forgiveness of our sins and the victory to live with Him in Eternity! What a precious promise and gift! I know this is such a basic principle and promise...but I guess it came to life once again today and was encouragement to me! They sang this song today and it was such a sweet reminder that we are always in God's hands....and there is no other place I would want our family to be, in this trial or in any moment of our lives.

Your Hands by JJ Heller

I have unanswered prayers
I have trouble I wish wasn't there
And I have asked a thousand ways
That You would take my pain away
That You would take my pain away

I am trying to understand
How to walk this weary land
Make straight the paths that crookedly lie
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine
Oh Lord, before these feet of mine

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

When You walked upon the Earth
You healed the broken, lost, and hurt
I know You hate to see me cry
One day You will set all things right
Yea, one day You will set all things right

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave Your hands

Your hands
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still
Your hands that shape the world
Are holding me, they hold me still

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave You when...

When my world is shaking
Heaven stands
When my heart is breaking
I never leave...
I never leave Your hands

Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want, but what He knows is right.

4 comments:

  1. The faith I see in all you girls is amazing!! And it makes me wonder what His plans are for you in His work because I know He is going to use you and all you are learning now for His glory. We can praise God that our dear Cyndi will soon (even though we don't know how soon) be with God Almighty where He will wipe away all the tears and she will rejoice with the saints for eternity. And one glorious day we will all be together again worshipping our King. Love and prayers. Mom G

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lord is being glorified in so many ways during this time - thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings on the blog - it is blessing many people. God's timing is perfect even when we don't understand. Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts! They are such an encouragement and blessing! I have several friends that I've been able to share with and we are all blessed by the faith you are all walking in! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts Kelly, I am in a waiting period too. Much different from yours, but still learning to trust in HIS timing! Much love to you and everyone else.

    ReplyDelete