Friday, December 3, 2010

An Update

Things are about the same here. My mom's vital signs remain fairly good, but she is on a ton of medications and spends most of the day sleeping. I have become the main medicine giver, and my dad said it is because he expects something from that expensive Baylor education. Mom hasn't really eaten much of anything since last Friday. She remains thirsty and is taking in a good amount of water. We have gotten into a routine and have a sort of temporary normal going on here. As we continue to wait on God's timing, here are some of the things that we are praising God for today:
  • Jon has been a huge help with the kids, which has given me time to spend with my mom and with visitors.
  • We have received so many meals and groceries and much more from friends, family, and neighbors. We are eating well. Thank you all.
  • I am two weeks into my second trimester and have felt so much better. God truly timed this well. If it was several weeks ago, my stomach could NOT have handled some of my current jobs. And if I was more pregnant, we may not even have been able to be here (based on my history of early deliveries).
  • The kids are happy and seem to have a good routine going.
  • The neighbors loaned Caleb a HUGE train set. He now has a list going of what else we need to buy for our house. :)
  • Several days ago Beaufort the dog was laying on the bed with my mom, and he started to act like he was going to throw up all over my parents' bedding. Jon and my dad were quick to action and mananged to grab the throwup bucket that was nearby. Every bit of dog throwup made it into the bucket. It was a bit of comic relief!
  • God is giving us endurance, hope, and peace in each moment.

God is good through this trial.

"Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name"

8 comments:

  1. I'm always so encouraged by "Blessed Be Your Name"! It reminds me that God is worthy of my praise no matter what my circumstances.
    I'm praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You all have been in my thoughts and prayers so much these last couple of weeks. I pray that Cyndi is not in pain or suffering physically and that God's love continues to bring you all peace. May God bless you all for continuing to praise His name during this difficult time. Please know I am here if you need anything at all. Love, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for updating us and sharing your praises! We love you all and are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know very well about all of that except the preggo again part and we did it in the hospital.
    I pray being at home with all of the family is peaceful and sensing God's presence constantly.
    Praying praying...we love ya'll sister & brothers in our Great Savior! As the song I Will Rise by Christ Tomlin (played at Dad's funeral says) when my FAITH SHALL BE MY EYES. What a glorious thought. Cyndi you are such an inspiration to many. With much prayer and love, EJ & Family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for all of you

    Katie Parker

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is raising you daughters (Kelly and Katie)up to be strong women. Someday you will look back on this hard time in your lives of caring for your mother and waiting for God's perfect timing to take her home to heaven as a blessing and a miraculous life-changing event in your lives. I am praying for you every moment and lifting all of your family up. I learned so much about living from Cyndi and will look forward to seeing her again someday, healthy and whole!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am continually blessed by you girls. I know your mom is very proud of the Godly young women you are. I heard this song today and instantly thought of your mom because she so loves this song. I think she was the first one to share it with me. My love and prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Continuing to pray for your family!!
    Kelly McCarver

    ReplyDelete