Thursday, December 9, 2010

Grammy Pace

My mom has always loved being a Grandma. Despite the 650 mile distance, she was there as soon as possible after each of my kids' births. She made a special effort to visit them often in Waco, and she was always an active participant in the playtime activity of their choice. I will cherish these moments of my mom as a grandma as some of my favorite memories of her.

Just yesterday I was sitting with my mom while she was sleeping. I had just been praying that she was having good dreams when she started lifting up her hands and swirling them around, and I kept hearing her mention the names of different colors. A few minutes later she woke up, and I asked her what she had been dreaming about. She said that she had been painting with Abby. On our last trip to Albuquerque in November, Abby, Caleb, and my mom did paint together. In fact yesterday morning, I was just looking at the pictures that they had painted. They hang on my parents' fridge as a memory of that moment. Both kids were allowed to paint and get messy, and my mom painted a picture of a fall tree and one of the mountains. By the looks of them, I am sure that Caleb helped with these pictures.

I was glad to know that my mom was still just being Grammy in her dreams, and I feel thankful that she woke up to tell me about it. She has been a wonderful Grammy for nearly 4 years now, and I am already missing that.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet memory! Thanks for sharing it! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Kelly, your mom loved being grammy and I know you are going to miss her being there as your kids grow up. She has stored prayers up in heaven for her grandkids I know. You are a wonderful daughter and mother and I know your mom is very proud of you. What a tender moment for you to treasure. Love and prayers

    ReplyDelete